TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO APPLICANT REGISTERING/AVAILING ASSISTANCE FROM THE PRO BONO SERVICE
By registering with the Department of Justice for legal assistance under the pro bono scheme the applicant agrees to the following terms
- Pro Bono Services would entail services for free legal representation and advice before courts.
- Pro bono is by definition voluntary and no honorarium or financial assistance shall be provided to the advocates.
- It is to be noted that Pro Bono legal services scheme of the Department is available only for those applicants who are eligible under section 12 of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987. If at any time, an applicant is found not eligible, he/she shall be declined service with immediate effect and the Department reserves its rights to take action, as per law, to recover any costs that may have been incurred.
- In case the applicant is a “pairokar” (for the minor)/one of the petitioners/appellants/ respondents, he/she has to be fully acquainted with the facts of the case.
- The applicant certifies to reveal to the assigned advocate, truthfully and to the best of his/her knowledge, the complete prior case history including details of petitions/applications filed in the matter.
- The applicant certifies that all the documents/evidences enclosed with the petition are true copies of concerned originals.
- Once an applicant profile is created, the same shall become active only after scrutiny by the Department of Justice. The Department reserves the right to ask the applicant for any further information as is deemed necessary.
- An applicant may update his/her profile at any time, subject to approval by the Department of Justice.
- An applicant may, at any time, choose to discontinue availing of services under the Pro Bono App, by visiting his/her profile and communicating this decision, with reasons to the Department.
- To preserve confidentiality of information, Department of Justice shall not disclose the applicant’s details to any Third Party, other than the assigned advocates, without the applicant’s consent.
- The Department of Justice reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time. In such case, the Department shall publish the amended version of the terms and conditions on the App. The amended Terms and Conditions will take effect from the time these are first published on the App and will replace any previous version of the same.
- If an applicant wishes to report any grievance/feedback, he/she may do so through the Pro Bono App.
- The Department of Justice shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from or arising in connection with any act or omission made in reliance of any advice, and/or the illegal, incorrect or inappropriate use of Pro Bono App, Pro Bono App Content, and any advice, content, information, material, software or other items or services provided through the Pro Bono App, by any party.
- By registering on the App, the applicant agrees to and confirms that the statements/ documents provided by him/her are true and correct to the best of his/her knowledge and belief. If found to be incorrect at any stage, the applicant may be liable for any appropriate action, as per law.